From 15-16 March, I was fortunate enough to represent Lourdes Hill College at the 2017 “Secondary Education Leadership Forum” in Sydney. The forum had a very interesting and engaging format, with school leaders presenting one-hour case studies on major initiatives or challenges in their schools.
The case studies covered a broad range of issues, including:
- The art of change management in schools – Yielding results from radical reform
- Researching the next level in providing exceptional education at your school
- Undertaking school improvement whilst valuing school tone
- Mentoring and coaching to develop capacity
- Applying learnings from neuroscience to help you make better decisions
- Leading through the digital age – Fostering an environment for technological growth as a leader
- Leading through positive psychology – Establishing a healthy environment for your staff
- Shifting culture through strategic planning
- Coaching through a crisis – Managing a faculty through challenging times
- Creating and implementing a coherent leadership vision
- Balancing educational and business priorities for your school
- Principalship as a journey – Continuing to grow and adapt as a school leader
- Applying self-regulated learning strategies to your leadership
- Putting strategies into practice – Preparing for the future
School leaders and aspiring leaders might benefit from a consideration of the commentary and strategies provided by each of the presenters. The presentations can be accessed here.
Senior Deputy Principal - Head of School and Head of Senior School
The forum had a very interesting and engaging format, with school leaders presenting one-hour case studies on major initiatives or challenges in their schools.